My top 10 films of 2010

I have a terrible memory for what films I've seen in a given year, haha. So for ease of making this list I've used this to pick my faves. In alphabetical order:

Buried - Great performance and tense as hell, thrilled me to the end.

Disappearance of Alice Creed, The - Fun thriller with a great twisty plotline.

Exit Through the Gift Shop - My pick of the year's documentaries, fascinating and thought provoking.

Inception - What more can be said, for me it drags in the final third but by then the visuals, sci-fi plot and insane action had me hooked.

Jackass 3D - Most fun I've had in a cinema, possibly ever.

Kick-Ass - Ran out to buy it on blu-ray on the day of release. Great music, comedy and action.

Monsters - Transcends it's 'creature feature' premise and becomes a thing of beauty.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Most unique film of the year. At once a celebration and a biting satire of youth culture.

Social Network, The - Again, what more can be said? Incredible performances, script and direction. The soundtrack is phenominal too.

Toy Story 3 - Battling The Incredibles in my head for best Pixar movie. From a studio that only releases films of quality, this is top of the pile.

Honourable Mentions - Other movies that stick out in my memory from 2010.

Documentary:
Winnebago Man
Best Worst Movie
Catfish
Gasland
It Came From Kuchar

Insane Visuals:
Enter the Void
Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Mr. Nobody
Symbol

Horror:
Human Centipede (First Sequence), The
I Spit on Your Grave (2010)
Piranha 3D
Splice
Loved Ones, The
A Serbian Film
Red Hill

Keep in mind that I haven't yet seen a lot of films that have been receiving a lot of praise this year such as Black Swan and 127 Hours. This is obviously just my personal list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never one to pass up a challenge...

Learning C++ (or programming Conway's Game of Life)

My Thoughts on A Serbian Film